Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois, Inc. has signed on to be a sub-contractor in a 14 county region for the Put Illinois to Work program. Put Illinois to Work is a statewide initiative aimed at stimulating the economy and local job market by creating thousands of job opportunities throughout the state. The counties Goodwill will serve are: Peoria, Fulton, Tazewell, Mason, LaSalle, Knox, Putnam, Henry, Bureau, Stark, Woodford, McLean, Marshall, and Livingston.
Employers offering entry-level positions are needed to host subsidized workers for up to six months, ending September 30, 2010. Job Seekers and Employers may register to participate online http://www.putillinoistowork.illinois.gov/
Job Seekers - What's In It For You!
* Obtain subsidized employment paying $10 an hour lasting until September 30, 2010. After that date, the employer may hire you permanently!
* Obtain additional job skills and career experience
* Age 18-21 and living with their parent(s) or a responsible relative whose household income meets the guidelines below
* Age 18 or over and responsible for the care of a minor child whose household income meets the guidelines below
* Age 18 or over and the non-custodial parent of a minor child whose household income meets the guidelines below
* Legally authorized to work in the United States (as a legal immigrant with work authorization or as a United States citizen) and able to provide documentation required by I-9.
Family Size - Maximum Monthly Income
1 - $1805
2 - $2428
3 - $3052
4 - $3675
5 - $4298
6 - $4922
7 - $5545
Employers - What's In It For You!
* No wage expenses
* The opportunity to train new workers on your unique internal processes/procedures
* The option to hire skilled workers after September 30, 2010
* Will receive tax credits for each employee hired after Sept. 30, 2010
For more information, please call Goodwill at 682-1113 x123