How have you been this year? I have been fine. I hope you, Mrs. Claus, and all of the elves enjoyed your summer vacations. I have been extra good this year and so I hope you will bring me ALL of the items on my wish list.
1) 24 students for the R. David Tebben Leadership Academy. The committee has been hard at work planning this 10-week program that exposes participants to the leadership challenges and opportunities in our community. There are thought-provoking discussions led by Pekin leaders, informative tours, field trips, and plenty of networking opportunities. The deadline to register is December 4th, so can I please open this gift early?
2) Five more hosts for the chamber’s monthly Business After Hours. This is a great opportunity for a business or organization to promote their facility, products, services and people. We still need hosts for July 1, August 5, September 2, October 7 and November 4.
3) 100 vendors at the Pekin Area Business Expo. It will be held at the Dragons Dome on January 16th. It is the prefect place for a business or organization to showcase their products and services to the public. Again, the registrations are due by December 11th, so I hope I can open this one early, too.
4) More Committee Members. The chamber is always looking for volunteers to serve on one of our committees. It’s a great opportunity to meet new people, build relationships, and help the chamber fulfill its mission to promote the growth of the Pekin area. Committee members are the reason our programs and events are a success. But we are always looking for new ideas and more help. You can find a list of all of the committees and what they do at: http://www.pekin.net/ChamberCommittees.htm
5) Better Attendance at Networking Events. The Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce coordinates several regular networking events that make it easy for busy people to develop and maintain business relationships. Two of those events are the monthly Business After Hours (free) and the every-other-month Puttin’ On Pekin breakfast ($10). It’s one of the easiest ways for people to take advantage of their chamber membership.
6) More Coupons in our Super Saver Chamber Coupons email. This is an email we send to our chamber members on the last day of each month. It contains money-saving coupons and exclusive special offers from other chamber members. There is no charge to include a coupon or special offer– it’s FREE for members.
Thank you Santa, and Merry Christmas
Bill Fleming, Executive Director