Leadership Academy Graduation
Tom Hornstein, CEO of Excalibur Seasoning Company, was the dinner speaker. He presented his own personal leadership philosophy and leadership lessons he learned as a U.S. Marine.
Crystal Williford and Blake Hunter spoke on behalf of the graduating class about their experiences during the academy.
Before congratulating the graduates, Scott Kriegsman, President of the Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, thanked the sponsors, committee and chamber staff for another outstanding academy program.
Renna Hadsall, the Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce events manager, presented the graduates with a certificate and gift. She was assisted in the ceremony by the committee members.
The academy participants heard from business, community and government leaders and toured several local facilities during the 10-week program. They also took a field trip to Springfield to visit the Abraham Lincoln Museum and met with area legislators in the State Capitol.
UnityPoint Health was the major sponsor of the 2019 academy and the Pekin First Church of the Nazarene sponsored the breakfasts provided before many of the classes.
The 2019 graduates are:
- Bryce Barnes, Cullinan Properties
- Csilla Barta, Moehle, Swearingen & Lobacz
- Donna Cordes, Pekin Insurance
- Todd Dugan, City of Pekin
- Vince Fraboni, Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes and Crematory
- Blake Hunter, Steger's Furniture
- Susan Jones, Pekin Insurance
- Bobbi Mullis, UnityPoint Health
- Nick Obren, Pekin Park District
- Tonja Ohnemus, YWCA Pekin
- Bob Schaich, City of Pekin
- Crystal Williford, Pekin Insurance