Illinois Central College will offer one-day, Saturday courses during the spring semester 2019 for potential students to explore their interest in a variety of health careers programs. The courses are open to high school juniors and seniors, current college students, and anyone who is undecided on which health career interests them.
“This is a great opportunity for students to see what a particular health career field is all about before making a commitment,” said ICC Dean of Health Careers Wendee Guth. “Potential students can start by enrolling in any pre-requisite course, even before they are admitted to the program of their choice.”
Several of the courses offered also are pre-requisites for admittance to the career programs. Entry-level, one-day courses currently are available in the following programs for spring 2019:
- Medical Lab Technician (MLT 100) – Feb. 16 or April 6
- Surgical Technologist (SURTK 100) – March 2 or April 6
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA 100) – March 2 or April 6
- Radiography (RAD TK 100) – January 12, March 2, April 6
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PHTA 100) – March 2 or April 6
- Massage Therapy (TM 100) – March 2 or April 13
- Dental Hygiene (DHYGN 100) – February 2, March 2, April 6
All courses will meet from 8 am to 4 pm on the Peoria Campus, located at 5407 N. University, Peoria. For the most up-to-date information regarding available courses, meeting times and specific meeting locations, visit the link to the class schedule online at icc.edu/academics/class-schedule or through the ICC MyICC mobile app at mymobile.icc.edu
Students may enroll in one or as many courses as their schedule allows. Space is limited. The cost is $75 per class, and each is worth a half a college course credit.
For questions or to enroll, call the Health Careers Department office at (309) 690-7530.