Thousands of Ducks to Race in Illinois River Sunday, Aug. 26th
Title Sponsor Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino will present their sponsorship check to:
The Center for Prevention of Abuse. Friends and fans of the Duck Race, volunteers and staff will be there to cheer on the winning ducks.
DUCKS!! Thousands of Yellow Rubber Ducks will be launched into the Illinois River on August 26th, 3pm, to race for prizes. Grand Prize is $5000.00 sponsored by South Side Bank
Sunday August 26, 2012
• Fun starts @ noon /
o Live Music by Corn Wolves (spin off of JammSammich)
o Food for purchase from Haddad’s Restaurant Food Cart
o Fruit Smoothies for purchase from Maui Wowi
o The Unique Twist
o Kid’s Games and The Glitter Fairies Tattoos
• Check presentation @ 2:45
• Race @ 3:00 pm
• Winners announced before 3:30 pm
Peoria Riverfront Marina in front of Joe’s Crab Shack.
To raise funds to help fill the gaps of needed services in our communities including:
• Additional Prevention Educators to meet the great demand for stopping bullying programs in our schools
• Repairs to our newly acquired House of Hope Shelter as well as programming upgrades for families fleeing violence
• Additional Legal Advocates to help manage the highest number of Orders of Protection in The Center’s history
• Additional Elder Abuse Caseworkers to meet the steady rise in monthly intakes of abuse, neglect and financial exploitation of seniors.
“The support from the community and the increased awareness about The Center for Prevention of Abuse mission is extremely important,” says Martha Herm, Executive Director of The Center. “With cuts to human services, we need the race to bring in record sales to support our work throughout central Illinois.”
To buy a duck and see the list of great prizes go to – www.duckrace.com/peoria or call 691-0551 for a race entry form.