Chamber Honors Twenty-One
The chamber’s Member First Committee coordinated the luncheon, which was sponsored by Homefield Energy, KONE, Pekin Insurance, Pekin Trophy House & Engraved Gifts, The Greenhouse Flower Shoppe, and UnityPoint Health.
Recognition was given to twenty area businesses and organizations in several different categories: new ownership or management; new business or building; additional employees; major retraining effort; new technology or major equipment investment; other business improvements; and, community involvement. Additionally, one organization was recognized for 100 years of service.
The speaker at the luncheon was Kim Kaufman, an award winning international public speaker. Her talk, entitled “Making a Change for Good,” entertained and challenged the audience.
Chamber Board President Dan Pfeifer closed the program by thanking the audience for their support and their recognition of the accomplishments of others. He noted the importance of coming together as a business group and sharing a positive message.
You can see more pictures from this event at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YsaG7wLkb3FaM24YA
The twenty-one businesses and organizations recognized for their achievements in the past year were:
· Associated Bank
· CASA of the 10th Judicial Circuit
· Edward Jones – Drew Eilts, CFP
· Good Shepherd Lutheran School
· Hjerpe & Tennison CPAs
· Holiday Inn Express
· Illinois CancerCare, P.C., Pekin Clinic
· Inspired Style Company Salon & Boutique
· Maquet’s Rail House
· Pekin Community Bank
· Pekin First United Methodist Church
· Pekin Insurance
· Pekin Park District Miller Center
· Pregnancy Resource Center
· Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory LLC
· Professional Therapy Services
· Soul Restoration
· The Dirksen Congressional Center
· The HOPE Chest
· UnityPoint Health
· Rotary Club of Pekin – celebrating 100 years