Illinois American Water is now accepting applications for the 2018 Environmental Grant Program. We are seeking innovative and collaborative programs that result in positive and sustainable environmental changes. Watershed protection and cleanup activities, value of water education efforts, green business innovations and hazardous waste collection efforts are just a few examples of potential winners through our Environmental Grant Program. If your community or organization is planning to launch an environmental initiative that focuses on watershed or water source protection, you might be eligible to receive a grant.
Deadline for entries is March 26, 2018 - Entries must be emailed to Karen Cotton at firstname.lastname@example.org or postmarked by March 26, 2018 and mailed to Karen Cotton at 7500 North Harker Drive, Peoria, Illinois 61615. Late entries will not be accepted. Email is preferred as it reduces waste. It is also requested that you submit your application as early as possible.
To qualify for Environmental Grant funding, a proposed project must be located within an Illinois American Water service area and:
· address a source water or watershed* protection need in the community
· be completed between May 1, 2018 and November 30, 2018
· be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
· be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
· provide evidence of sustainability (continue existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
The program brochure and application are available online at www.illinoisamwater.com
Projects that DO NOT qualify include:
Pipeline or main extension projects, land or major equipment acquisition, entertainment, food/beverages, lobbying (attempting to influence local, state or national legislation), interest payments or personal articles, such as clothing. Grant money cannot be used for salaries, wages or personal compensation.