Five local college students received scholarships totaling $4,000 for nursing and health care education from the Pekin Hospital Foundation.
Each year, scholarship recipients are chosen from applications submitted to the Pekin Hospital Foundation’s Scholarship Committee. Student applications are reviewed for appropriate course of study, financial need, academic achievement and community service.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
· Abigail Carroll of Pekin; Illinois State University Mennonite College of Nursing; $1,000 Frances Tollensdorf Scholarship
· Sean Zwicky of Pekin; University of Illinois; $1,000 Craig Aune Scholarship
· Jordan Wilson of Pekin; Methodist College of Nursing; $1,000 Pat Sidell Scholarship
· Skylyn Scovil of Pekin; Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing; $500 Minnie Yock Scholarship
· McKenzy Sayles of Marquette Heights; Millikin University; $500 Minnie Yock Scholarship
“Congratulations to these outstanding students. We wish them the best of luck as they continue their nursing and health care studies,” said Pekin Hospital Vice President Crystal Elliott, who presented the scholarships to this year’s recipients. “And thank you to the generous donors who made these scholarships possible. We sincerely appreciate their support of Pekin Hospital’s mission and the education of future health care professionals.”
Part of Progressive Health Systems, the Pekin Hospital Foundation provides a direct channel for donors and volunteers to support Pekin Hospital’s mission of improving the health and well-being of the community with love, compassion and extraordinary care. For more information visit pekinhospital.org/foundation.