Illinois Central College will host a Ready to Work Expo for potential students to learn about educational opportunities to retool their job skills to match local careers in demand. The open house style event provides potential students and their families the opportunity to speak individually with faculty and staff.
Some of the programs expected to participate include:
· Machining, Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
· Graphic communication
· Mechanical Engineering
· Automotive and GM ASEP
· Diesel Powered Equipment Technology (DPET)
· Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship-Ready programs (solar pipeline training, highway construction careers training, GED Bridge, truck driving training, industrial maintenance, and secure software)
A full listing of programs is available at icc.edu/work-expo
Labs and classroom spaces in some areas will be open for tours.
Available for interviews:
· Dr. Andrew Kerr (pronounced KAYR) - ICC Associate Vice President of Workforce Development
· Dr. Sheila Quirk-Bailey – ICC President