Principal responsibilities include recruitment, retention and expansion, quality of place development, and nurturing high growth business sectors. The preferred candidate will be a politically savvy leader possessing the highest level of integrity, passion and drive with the proven ability to lead a staff of 10 and manage an annual budget of over $1M through the implementation of an asset based development strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have the following training and professional experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in a related field
- 7 years of experience as an economic development professional
- Certification as an Economic Development Professional (CEcD)
- Documented track record achieving results in sales and marketing, business attraction, and complex financial structures.
- Previous experience in non-profit administration
- Proven record of engaged leadership models and Board of Director development programs
- Proven history of building collaborative partnerships between public, private and nonprofit organizations
- Success with regional economic development programs (three counties or larger) in strategy development and project implementation
- Experience in the integration of community with economic development programs and strategies
- Proven experience in coordinating and facilitating industry cluster programs with heavy private sector leadership and involvement
- Previous use of performance measurement techniques including economic analysis
Salary Range is $110,000 - $130,000. Deadline to apply is October 31, 2013.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to Cal MacKay at firstname.lastname@example.org.