The Pekin Area Chamber of Commerce hosted their 15th annual Business and Community Recognition Luncheon on Thursday, October 18th at the Pekin Country Club. The Chamber’s Member Services Committee coordinated the luncheon, which was sponsored by Ray Dennison Chevrolet, Pekin Trophy House & Engraved Gifts, The Greenhouse Flower Shoppe, and Pekin Hospital.
Recognition was given to twenty-eight area businesses and organizations in the following categories: remodeling or expansion; “green” projects or programs; new ownership or management; new business or building; additional employees; major training effort; new technology investment; major equipment investment; other improvements; and, community involvement.
Before presenting the awards, Chamber executive director Bill Fleming told the audience of 182 people representing forty-four local businesses and organizations that the large turnout and the large number of awards was a positive sign.
“We’re here to recognize twenty-eight businesses and organizations that have demonstrated the courage, foresight and leadership to continue to invest in our community during the past year,” said Fleming.
The featured speaker at the luncheon was Tim Krueger, the Chief Financial Officer of Maui Jim. With roots in Iowa, Krueger shared the Maui Jim story and their recipe for success.
You can see pictures of all the winners at: http://picasaweb.google.com/PekinChamber. The twenty-eight businesses and organizations recognized were:
· 353 Court, LLC (remodeling and expansion)
· Avanti’s Dome Events & Sports Center of Pekin (remodeling, green projects, new technology investments, community involvement)
· BodyWealth Massage (new building, major retraining, new equipment, community involvement)
· The Center for Prevention of Abuse (remodeling)
· Enviro-Safe Refrigerants (remodeling and expansion, new building, major equipment investment)
· Facet Computers (new building, additional employees investment in new technology)
· The Grand Victorian of Pekin (new ownership, community involvement)
· Hacienda Fuentes Cantina & Grill (remodeling, major investment, community involvement)
· Herget Bank (community involvement)
· Illinois American Water (remodeling, green program, major retraining effort, new technology investment, major equipment investment, community involvement)
· Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (remodeling and expansion)
· Leman Property Management Company (new building)
· The Peoria Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (new management, additional employees)
· McDaniels Marketing Communications (remodeling, new business).
· Pekin Community Bank (community involvement)
· Pekin Hospital (remodeling, major equipment investment, other improvements)
· Pekin Insurance (major retraining effort, community involvement)
· Pekin Main Street (community involvement)
· Pekin Paintball Park (new business, additional employees)
· Pekin Public Library (remodeling)
· Pekin Prescription Lab (new ownership, major equipment investment)
· Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes and Crematory (community involvement)
· Professional Therapy Services (expansion, new technology investment)
· Ray Dennison Chevrolet (remodeling)
· Taco Bell (community involvement)
· Tazewell County Genealogical & Historical Society (community involvement)
· Timbercreek Rehab and Health Care (remodeling, major retraining effort)Wolf Tesar & Company PC (new ownership)