Responsible and accountable for all operational aspects of planning, developing, and implementing membership, programs and services of the YWCA. This position is expected to create a superior member experience, emphasize character development and to deliver the mission of the YWCA.
· Extensive/comprehensive Child Care Center
· Indoor Pool
· Adult Literacy
· Cardio and strength-training equipment
- Group exercise and water fitness classes
- Land Fitness Classes
- Special Olympics Aquatics
· Establishes with the center leadership team long range plans for the expansion of programs and services, in support of overall Y goals.
· Develops, manages, and monitors the center operating budget and meets or exceeds budget targets.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Center.
- Recruits, hires and leads center staff. Provides leadership and supervision to member engagement, healthy living, sports and aquatics leadership teams. Reviews and evaluates associates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of a Center on-boarding process for all new associates. Train and coach all associates (Center wide) on relationship building/membership.
- Leads and ensures the creation of a culture of exceptional member and program participant service. Works with center teams to continually improve member and participant engagement and experience.
- Coordinates the development and management of center programs to meet the needs of the community and achieves association operating objectives.
- Represents and promotes the YWCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- Coordinates staff and volunteer development, including recruitment, team building, training, evaluation, recognition, termination, etc.
- Leads strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating budget of the center.
- Direct staff and volunteers in the development of program and membership enrollment strategies.
- Passion, enthusiasm and support for mission and values of the YWCA.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum five years of experience in management.
· Proven experience in supervising, inspiring, developing and motivating associates.
- Proven customer service, sales and marketing experience preferably in a membership setting.
- Proven track record with selling a product or service and meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Able to direct assigned operations including volunteer development, supervision of associates, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including negotiation, presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Intermediate computer skills including experience utilizing email and working in a windows environment.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations, and not-for-profit sector employment policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to create a culture of serving the members and staff within the center.
- Ability to analyze complex information and to define and solve problems.
- Knowledge of marketing and promotion techniques.