Pekin Women's Leadership Network
The Women’s Network will provide education and support for young female leaders in Pekin.
- Develop an advisory board of 6-8 local women that will be engaged in the development of the Women’s Network.
- This group will develop an application process and publicize the Women’s Network through local media sources and on social media.
- Candidates will be selected during the Summer 2013.
- A series of 4-6 luncheons will be held in Fall 2013 and Winter 2014. These luncheons will feature programs covering the following topics:
- Work Life Balance
- Women, politics and impact on the community
- The power of self promotion
- Philanthropy, a female perspective
- Business, corporate boards
Ongoing mentoring and networking for participants, with support for possible candidacies for boards, councils and other community leadership positions.
For more information, contact:
YWCA of Pekin
315 Buena Vista
Pekin, IL 61554