Construction on I-74 and I-474 Begins June 6

Nighttime work will require lane closures

The  Illinois Department of Transportation announced today that construction on Interstate 74 and Interstate 474 will begin Wednesday, June 6, at the following locations:
  • I-74 from Main Street to Morton Avenue 
  • I-74 from Pleasant Hill Road to Washington Street 
  • I-74 from Sterling Avenue to the I-474 interchange 
  • I-474 westbound ramp to westbound I-74 
  • I-74 eastbound ramp to eastbound I-474
To complete the projects, lane closures will be necessary in the work zones. Work will be done at night between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. and is expected to be complete by the end of October, weather permitting.

Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area. To avoid the work area, when feasible, use of alternate routes should be considered. Drivers are urged to pay close attention to changed conditions and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits, refrain from using mobile devices and be alert for workers and equipment.

For IDOT District 4 updates on Twitter, follow us at https://twitter.com/IDOTDistrict4. For updated traffic information and views from dozens of traffic cameras in Peoria and surrounding areas, visit http://www.gettingaroundpeoria.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local High School to Win a SMART Board in 5th Annual Recycle Your Style Contest

Methodist Offers Free Informational Heart Program

Yesterday's Says Goodbye to the Past: Welcoming the Next Generation of Schramm | Pekin Restaurant Week 2023