Hanson Professional Services Inc.’s Peoria office is celebrating 50 years.Hanson, a company founded in 1954 in Springfield, Illinois, by Walt Hanson, established its first branch office in Peoria in 1966. At the time, the company was providing structural design services for Peoria architectural firm Phillips Swager Associates.
office has been involved in projects including the Bob Michel Bridge, the new
westbound span of the McClugage Bridge, improvements to Interstate 74, the Warehouse
District revitalization, the Washington Street roundabout, OSF Saint Francis
Medical Center’s helipad, Peoria Civic Center’s exhibit hall expansion, the
skywalks at Caterpillar’s corporate headquarters, Bradley University’s Field
House, various projects for Illinois Central College and the Peoria Air
National Guard Base and Heddington Oaks, a nursing home in West Peoria.
Hanson is a
national, employee-owned consulting firm providing engineering, planning and
allied services. The Peoria office is located at 7625 N. University St., Suite
200, Peoria, IL 61614. The office may be reached by phone at (309) 691-0902.