State Rep. Smith Schedules Small Business Roundtable

Pekin Chamber Members:

As your State Representative, I would like to thank you for the services you provide to the community as a small business owner. It is important to me that your business thrive and flourish even in the difficult economic downturn.

In the past few months, I have worked to help spur job growth by supporting the creation of a tax credit for businesses that hire new workers and by backing the first statewide jobs bill in a decade. I firmly believe that small businesses form the backbone of our economy, and there is no doubt that the vitality of such businesses is key to our economic recovery.

Your insight as a small business owner is vital in helping me understand the needs of the district’s entrepreneurs. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to a meeting with me and other business owners in the area to discuss the important issues facing our communities and the State of Illinois.

To make sure I can effectively fight for you, I am hosting a small business roundtable on Tuesday, August 17 at 2:00 p.m. in the Pekin Public Library’s Community Room, located at 301 S. 4th St in Pekin.

I look forward to seeing on August 17. To RSVP for the roundtable, or if I can be of any assistance to you, please contact my office at 620-8587.

Sincerely,

Michael K. Smith
State Representative

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local High School to Win a SMART Board in 5th Annual Recycle Your Style Contest

Methodist Offers Free Informational Heart Program

Yesterday's Says Goodbye to the Past: Welcoming the Next Generation of Schramm | Pekin Restaurant Week 2023