Winners Revealed: 31st Annual Duck Race Raises $211,000 to Benefit the Center for Prevention of Abuse
The Center for Prevention of Abuse (CFPA) hosted its 31st Annual Duck Race today, August 24, at EastSide Centre where 30,000 rubber ducks raced down a 750-foot water slide. The event sold out of all 30,000 ducks and raised more than $211,000 to benefit CFPA and its mission of helping all women, men, and children live free from violence and abuse in Central Illinois.
Attendees enjoyed live music from Doghouse Daisy, refreshments from local food trucks: Clink Mobile Bar, Nacho Mama’s Grilled Cheese, Kamaela’s Kreamery, Mike’s Knot Just Ribs, Kona Ice, Peach’s Place, and DeMarchi’s Espresso, additional music from Mix 106.9, as well as free activities for kids, including bounce houses and face painting before the race began at 6:00 p.m.
The owners of the first 31 ducks to cross the finish line won prizes. The first duck to cross the finish line and win the grand prize of $10,000 cash belonged to Donna Vogel of Tremont, Ill.
This year’s full list of winners includes:
• Grand Prize $10,000 sponsored by Associated Bank – Donna Vogel of Tremont, Ill.
• $5,000 sponsored by Bob Lindsay Honda and Bob Lindsay Acura – Martha Diebold of Mackinaw, Ill.
• $2,500 Sherman’s Gift Card – Susan Varnes of Biloxi, Miss.
• Microsoft Surface and Keyboard sponsored by Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino, Menold Construction and Restoration, and Getz Fire Equipment – James Cota of Dunlap, Ill.
• Family Pack of Disney Tickets and $250 Visa Gift Card sponsored by Hanson Professional Services Inc. – Marlene Peterson of Dunlap, Ill.
• $500 Jones Bro. Jewelers Gift Card – Lynne Stewart of Hanna City, Ill.
• Espresso Machine sponsored by Farnsworth Group and Pure Bliss Hair Study and Day Spa – John Dean
• 58” Roku Smart TV sponsored by Mike Murphy Ford and West Central Illinois Building Trades Council – Amy O’Brien of Johnston, Iowa
• Date Night Bundle (overnight stay for two at Stoney Creek Hotel, two tickets to Peoria Players Theatre, $50 Two25 Gift Card) – Samantha Lafary of Hanna City, Ill.
• $300 Kroger Gift Card – Charlotte Cronin of Peoria, Ill.
• Nintendo Switch sponsored by Ray Dennison Chevrolet – Paula Clark of Pekin, Ill.
• Gemstone Necklace sponsored by Nature Haven – JoAnne Smagacz of Wheaton, Ill.
• Apple Watch Series 3 sponsored by Kriegsman Warehouses – Rex Walden of Dunlap, Ill.
• Holiday Inn Express Bundle – Robin Boswell of Peoria, Ill.
• $250 JC Penney Gift Card – Randy and Nancy Lienhart of Green Valley, Ill.
• Tundra 45 Yeti Cooler sponsored by C.T. Gabbert Remodeling and Construction – Jessie Lascelles of Saint David, Ill.
• $200 Summer Savings Bundle ($100 Casey’s Gift Card, $50 Red Carpet Car Wash Gift Card, Beachler’s Oil Change Certificate) – Debra Newton of Chillicothe, Ill.
• Peoria Salt Cave Package – Mike Sheader of Dunlap, Ill.
• Mackinaw Valley Vineyard Package – Patti Polk of Peoria, Ill.
• Panera Bread for a Year – Mike Keough of Morton, Ill.
• “There’s More to Explore” Peoria Park District Package – Gene Lyons of East Peoria, Ill.
• $100 Jeffrey Alans Gift Card – Becky Frakes of Peoria, Ill.
• $100 Curvology Gift Card– Jessie McMeen of Bartonville, Ill.
• Art Experiences in Peoria sponsored by Canvas Connections and Fired Up – Norma J Just of Peoria, Ill.
• Presleys Outdoors Fishing Package – Kimberly Lister of East Peoria, Ill.
• Gone in 60 Escape Game Package – Sam Schonert of Washington, Ill.
• Gone Axe Throwing Package – Jeanann McCoy of Las Vegas, Nev.
• Ring Doorbell Security Camera sponsored by American Pest Control, Inc. – Jackie Fouts of Canton, Ill.
• CxT Roasting Company Basket – Corinne Jones of Peoria, Ill.
• Massage Envy Gift Card – Lisa Ullenius of Peoria, Ill.
• Gold’s Gym Two-Month Membership – Roger Cunningham of Peoria, Ill.
Winners should call CFPA at 309-691-0551 to claim their prize.
After the race, kids in attendance helped in the annual “Kid’s Cleanup Crew!” and assisted in cleaning up and packaging the ducks.
“We would like to thank every single person who sponsored a duck, those came out to celebrate with us on Race Day, and our incredibly generous sponsors who helped us put on a wonderful Duck Race,” said Carol Merna, Chief Executive Officer at the Center for Prevention of Abuse. “We couldn’t have done it without Mayor John Kahl, Doug McCarty of EastSide Centre, Rick Swan of the East Peoria Chamber of Commerce, and the East Peoria Fire Department. We are thankful for all the support that we receive so that we may continue providing free and confidential services to survivors of abuse and work toward building a safe and peaceful community.”
All funds raised through the Duck Race go directly to client services at CFPA, helping all women, men, and children live free from violence and abuse.