Illinois Central College Culinary Arts Program will host an Open House for high school students on Tuesday, Nov. 15 through Thursday, Nov. 17, 9 am to noon. Students will receive a food passport to sample 10 different tasting stations staffed by current Culinary Arts students. There will be tours of the kitchens and a presentation on how the ICC Culinary Arts Institute prepares students for a rewarding career in the hospitality industry.
There are a record number of students from several local high schools scheduled to attend the Open House each day, including:
· Tues., Nov. 15 - Elmwood, Washington, Dunlap, East Peoria, Pekin, Midland and Eureka
· Wed., Nov. 16 – Metamora, IVC, Farmington, Bloomington Area Career Center, Galesburg
· Thurs., Nov. 17 – Manito, Illini Bluffs, East Peoria, Woodruff Career and Technical Center, Peoria Heights
Available for media interviews:
· Chef Charles Robertson – Associate Professor, ICC Business, Hospitality & Information Systems Culinary Arts Program
· Current Culinary Arts Program students