I-74 / I-155 Reconstruction Starts Today

A major road reconstruction project could cause traffic delays in Tazewell County, and the project begins today.  The $86.6 million dollar project will involve the reconstruction of the Interstate 74 and Interstate 155 interchange and the reconfiguration of the Interstate 74 and Morton Avenue interchange. The work will occur from west of Pleasant Hill Road to just west of Main Street, and on Interstate 155 north of the Birchwood interchange. The project begins today and should be complete in late summer 2015.

The initial work starting on April 1st will consist of pothole patching and installation of temporary traffic controls and road construction signs. 

The project will feature construction of additional through lanes on I-74; reconstruction of the I-74/I-155 interchange into a new configuration; ramp improvements at the I-74/Morton Avenue interchange; removal of eight existing structures on I-74 with replacement of six of those structures; pavement removal and replacement on both I-74 and I-155; installation of highway lighting; and, installation of roadway drainage. 

Visit http://www.dot.il.gov/improvingI74I155/index.html for a brief video overview of the project, a detailed construction timeline, and traffic information. 

Motorists are urged to slow down and use extreme caution while driving through all work zones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local High School to Win a SMART Board in 5th Annual Recycle Your Style Contest

Methodist Offers Free Informational Heart Program

Yesterday's Says Goodbye to the Past: Welcoming the Next Generation of Schramm | Pekin Restaurant Week 2023