GOODWILL ANNOUNCES 2021 PATRIOT AWARD RECIPIENTS
Peoria, IL – October 13, 2021 – Goodwill of Central Illinois held its 8th annual Patriot Awards Tuesday October 12, at Goodwill Commons in Peoria. Each year the organization presents awards for patriotism to a veteran, a citizen, an organization, and an active member of the military.
This year’s event was held in the Goodwill Commons warehouse. This was done for two reasons. One, to increase social distancing and ventilation. The second was to show the preparation and staging area for this year’s Stand Down for Veterans. This event will also be held in the Goodwill Commons warehouse.
22VA took home the Business/Association Patriot Award. Crystal Smith was presented with the Patty Fuchs Citizen Patriot Award. Lt Col Scott Grotbo received the Military Patriot Award. Joe Sharpe garnered the Veteran Patriot Award. Finally, the coveted General Wayne A. Downing Award went to 22VA.
Sponsors of the awards were as follows:
• Veteran Patriot Award – P.J. Hoerr, PDC, JPG Real Estate, and ATOL Charitable Trust
• Patty Fuchs Citizen Patriot Award – The Wyman Group, CAVU Human Capital Management and Risinger
• Business/Association Patriot Award – Mutual of America Financial Group, Vonachen Group and Cook Medical
• Military Patriot Award – PNC, Caterpillar Inc. and the US Department of Labor
• The General Wayne A. Downing Award – CEFCU, Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs and Humana Goodwill’s free programs are possible through the sale of your donated items. Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois serves 24 counties within Central Illinois. Goodwill offers employment services, veterans’ support services, a youth mentoring program and operates a 15-room veterans’ home. Goodwill employs more than 300 people. For more information visit www.goodwillpeo.org.
2319 East War Memorial Drive Peoria, IL 61614
PHN 309 682.1113
FAX 309 682.8353