Interstate 474 ramp closures set July 11-12
PEORIA – The Illinois Department of Transportation announces that the ramps to and from Interstate 474 at the Airport Road and U.S. 24/Adams Street interchanges will close July 11 and 12 for pavement patching.
The ramps to be closed are as follows:
· Eastbound I-474 to Airport Road (exit 5)
· Westbound I-474 exit to eastbound Adams Street (exit 6B)
· Eastbound U.S. 24 (Adams Street) entrance ramp to eastbound I-474
· Westbound U.S. 24 (Adams Street) entrance ramp to westbound I-474
· Westbound I-474 exit ramp to westbound U.S. 24 (Adams Street, exit 6A)
Detours for all closures will be posted.
Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area. To avoid the work area, when feasible, use of alternate routes should be considered. Drivers are urged to pay close attention to changed conditions and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits, refrain from using mobile devices and be alert for workers and equipment.
For IDOT District 4 updates, follow us on Twitter at @IDOTDistrict4 or view area construction details on IDOT’s traveler information map on GettingAroundIllinois.com and www.gettingaroundpeoria.com.