This year’s Expo will include exhibitors; a health/wellness fair with FREE screenings and important health information; a Job Fair; informative business and educational workshops; a Career Corner where youth and adults will be able to learn about different careers; and entertainment for the entire family. Don’t miss the great giveaways including a pair of Southwest Airline tickets (to anywhere they fly in the US) valued at $1,000, a $500.00 shopping spree at Wal-Mart, a $100.00 gift card from Toys R Us, Cologne Baskets from Bergners at Sheridan Village, hotel rooms, gift certificates, accessories, and more.
We are also pleased to announce four new events this year:
- a Talent Show, calling all acts. If you think you've got talent, then come to the Peoria Civic Center for our version of “America’s Got Talent”. Acts will compete for the top price of $500.00. Round 1 begins at 2:00 PM and the finals at 5:00 PM.
- This year we are proud to partner with the National Marrow Donor Program to host a “Be the Match” Bone Marrow Donor Drive from 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
- The Expo prides itself on the programs we incorporate into the Expo and giving back to the community. This year, we will be raising money for the Boy Scouts of America. Call us at (309) 672-1374 to find out how you can participate.
- Don’t miss our version of the popular television game show, the Price Is Right. Participants will be selected from the audience to compete for a host of wonderful prizes.
Back by popular demand is our:
· Back to School Hair Cut-A-thon with FREE hair cuts for the kids
· The Kings and Queens of the Table Spades Tournament
· Tera’s Kidz Corner where you can try your hand at different carnival and sports games. If games are not your thing, stop by Ericka’s Craft Haven for various crafts, face painting, and the picture corner. If you like to express your artistic side, be sure to visit the JMET Art Center. This area will also include a giant slide and an obstacle course. Two new activities to this area include a Sports Wii Tournament and a Hula Hoop Contest with cash prizes.
· Teen Summit Sponsored by Bradley University for ages 12 – 18, will enable youth to “get connected” and meet with professionals from different industries. If you need information on resume preparation and dressing for success, come to the Career Corner. We want to invite all Junior High/Middle School and High School students to attend this event. The Teen Summit will also include a chance to win different prizes. For more information about attending the Teen Summit, call (309) 672-1374.
If you are interested in being an exhibitor, a sponsor, or a volunteer, call (309) 672-1374 for more information.
Black Expo sponsors include the Par-a-dice Hotel Casino, Wal-Mart, Heritage Bank of Central Illinois, Bradley University, CEFCU, Methodist Medical Center, and Schnucks.