IDOT Announces Lane Changes on I-474 / I-155

The Illinois Department of Transportation announces that a traffic staging shift on eastbound I-74 from I-474 to I-155 will take place Monday, May 20th at 5:30 p.m. Work to complete this traffic shift is expected to continue overnight until Tuesday, May 21st at 6:30 a.m.

Traffic on eastbound I-74 will be reduced to one lane while crews remove pavement markings. Eastbound I-474 traffic will be required to merge into the one open lane of I-74 during this time and significant traffic congestion is expected.

When this work is completed, two lanes of eastbound I-74 will be open to traffic at this location.

The overall project is the complete reconstruction of I-74 from Pleasant Hill Road to Morton Avenue in Tazewell County, including construction of additional through lanes on I-74; reconstruction of the I-155 interchange into a new configuration; ramp improvements at the Morton Avenue interchange; removal of eight existing structures on I-74 with replacement of six of those structures; pavement removal and replacement; installation of highway lighting; and, installation of roadway drainage. The project is expected to be completed in 2015.

For more information, please visit: http://www.dot.il.gov/ImprovingI74I155/index.html

Please slow down and use extreme caution while driving through all work zones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local High School to Win a SMART Board in 5th Annual Recycle Your Style Contest

Methodist Offers Free Informational Heart Program

Yesterday's Says Goodbye to the Past: Welcoming the Next Generation of Schramm | Pekin Restaurant Week 2023